Tensioner pulley Serpentine belt
1996 buick regal 3800 series 2, not supercharged. plastic pulley broke. have a replacement pulley. looks like it is attached with a single bolt. as i start to turn counterclockwise the tensioner gives but that bolt is on pretty tight. before I start pounding on it (and potentially do more damage... If you decide to replace the accessory belt only, to get rid of a noise, keep in mind that the noise could be from worn bearings in the belt tensioner pulley, and you may need to replace the pulley too. After the belt has been removed, simply remove the protective plastic cap on the pulley with a screwdriver and remove the old pulley by turning the pulley bolt clockwise. Reverse the process to
How to replace tensioner pulley on 3.8l buick JustAnswer
go to autozone and rent the serpentine belt tool,part# 27115.it cost $30.00 to rent it.you get all your money back when you return it.you need this to release the tension on the belt to remove the belt.only one bolt in tensioner pulley.remove the bolt,remove the pulley.install new pulley,bolt... 7/07/2012 · You need to take the tension off the tensioner before putting on or taking off the belt and you need to remove the belt to change the idler (unless someone else is taking the tension off the tensioner for you). I've only seen one belt being sold for the ALH by the US online sellers.
Replace Serpentine Belt Auto-Tensioner every time? Bob
The A/C Belt Tensioner Pulley plays a crucial part in giving your vehicle's A/C system constant power. And if you're looking to replace your old component, simply pick one from Auto Parts Warehouse's extensive selection of quality tensioner pulleys today.... 12/07/2013 · No need to remove the alternator just to replace the tensioner pulley. Put a ring spanner on the tensioner pulley bolt and turn it anti clockwise to relieve the tensioner spring pressure and remove the belt.
belt tensioner pulley eBay
As the tensioner is very important in the proper operation of the accessory belt drive system, Gates recommends that any time you replace the multi-ribbed belt your replace the tensioner too. The following guidelines will help you to remove and install a tensioner in 8 easy steps.... Usually need a wrench that fits over the belt tensioner, and you raise or lower it, taking tension off the belt. then just slip it off the nearest pulley-often the alternator pulley. Now you can let go of the tensioner and remove belt. Notice how it is fit. There should be a diagram on a sticker of how the belt …
How To Change Belt Tensioner Pulley
how to remove tensioner to replace pulley. Ford Ranger Forum
- SOLVED How do you change the belt tensioner pulley and
- How to Replace Serpentine Belt Tensioner Pulley 1A Auto
- Guidelines for replacing tensioners Gates Europe
- How do I replace the tensioner pulley on a 2000 Dodge
How To Change Belt Tensioner Pulley
20/12/2012 · Per the Gates bulletin, noise from accessory drive belt systems are often caused by either pulley misalignment or the start of belt tensioner failure. In the past, I have seen cars with slightly noise belts that were cured with a new belt only.
- The pulley itself is found on the outside of the belt, which is how it adds tension or pressure. The problem with the drive belt tensioner is that once it goes, it usually means replacing the pulleys and sometimes the drive belt itself.
- Undo and tension with the 6mm rod / bolt etc in the locking hole so you aren't stressing the tensioner / drive belt. The old pulley and bearing seemed fine to me. The noise and chattering disappeared for a day or two but then returned. I had sprayed some WD40 on the tensioner pulley bearing so decided to investigate the tensioner itself as it didn't rotate smoothly when i turned it on the
- Tensioner & Idler Pulley. Lube Mobile, the Mobile Mechanics replace Timing and Drive Belt Tensioners and Idler Pulleys at a time and place to suit you.
- 20/12/2012 · Per the Gates bulletin, noise from accessory drive belt systems are often caused by either pulley misalignment or the start of belt tensioner failure. In the past, I have seen cars with slightly noise belts that were cured with a new belt only.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Ernestina ACT, Braddon ACT, Rokeby ACT, Bonner ACT, Royalla ACT, ACT Australia 2669
- New South Wales: Brisbane Grove NSW, Medway NSW, Ando NSW, Wollumboola NSW, Tamworth NSW, NSW Australia 2057
- Northern Territory: Eaton NT, The Gap NT, Araluen NT, Rapid Creek NT, Numbulwar NT, Lyons NT, NT Australia 0871
- Queensland: Petrie Terrace QLD, Birtinya QLD, Yaroomba QLD, Paddington QLD, QLD Australia 4017
- South Australia: Waterloo SA, Gomersal SA, Muston SA, Wallerberdina SA, Goolwa South SA, Port Mannum SA, SA Australia 5094
- Tasmania: Dysart TAS, Three Hummock Island TAS, Turners Marsh TAS, TAS Australia 7099
- Victoria: Freshwater Creek VIC, Bullaharre VIC, Birchip VIC, Oakleigh South VIC, Molyullah VIC, VIC Australia 3004
- Western Australia: Kambalda WA, Dwellingup WA, Mullalyup WA, WA Australia 6062
- British Columbia: Chilliwack BC, Revelstoke BC, Lions Bay BC, Oliver BC, Lions Bay BC, BC Canada, V8W 6W8
- Yukon: Scroggie Creek YT, Takhini Hot Springs YT, Jakes Corner YT, Paris YT, Little River YT, YT Canada, Y1A 7C5
- Alberta: Camrose AB, High Level AB, Daysland AB, Westlock AB, Okotoks AB, Killam AB, AB Canada, T5K 7J9
- Northwest Territories: Kakisa NT, Tsiigehtchic NT, Yellowknife NT, Inuvik NT, NT Canada, X1A 9L4
- Saskatchewan: Wakaw SK, Richard SK, Bruno SK, Vibank SK, Pilot Butte SK, Buchanan SK, SK Canada, S4P 4C6
- Manitoba: Rapid City MB, Rossburn MB, Deloraine MB, MB Canada, R3B 6P7
- Quebec: Chateau-Richer QC, Malartic QC, Lery QC, Lawrenceville QC, Trois-Rivieres QC, QC Canada, H2Y 7W3
- New Brunswick: Nigadoo NB, Florenceville-Bristol NB, Moncton NB, NB Canada, E3B 1H3
- Nova Scotia: Bedford NS, Liverpool NS, Mulgrave NS, NS Canada, B3J 6S3
- Prince Edward Island: Souris West PE, Lorne Valley PE, North Rustico PE, PE Canada, C1A 6N6
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Conception Harbour NL, Baytona NL, Hawke's Bay NL, Norris Point NL, NL Canada, A1B 4J7
- Ontario: Glen ON, Jericho ON, Machin ON, Burnley, Sandford ON, Jack Lake, Simcoe County ON, Sand Banks ON, ON Canada, M7A 1L4
- Nunavut: Perry River NU, Gjoa Haven NU, NU Canada, X0A 1H7
- England: Reading ENG, Loughborough ENG, Wakefield ENG, Exeter ENG, Bognor Regis ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 9A1
- Northern Ireland: Bangor NIR, Belfast NIR, Craigavon (incl. Lurgan, Portadown) NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 7H8
- Scotland: Aberdeen SCO, Dunfermline SCO, East Kilbride SCO, East Kilbride SCO, Paisley SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 7B3
- Wales: Neath WAL, Cardiff WAL, Neath WAL, Swansea WAL, Neath WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 7D4